Royal Mail Travel Insurance

The Royal Mail Service also offers many different services with regards to travel including the ability
to purchase foreign currency as well as services that help you get your documents and passports in order. Travel insurance is underwritten by Ageas Insurance Limited of England and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Different Trip Travel Insurance

The Royal Mail is well-regarded for its Classic single trip coverage that only costs 2.50 pounds a day. This is the insurance to buy if you are travelling in Europe. You should note that the insurance does not apply if you are travelling in Turkey and Egypt. You also have to request certain types of extra coverage if you plan to take part in winter sports. You can find out more about this type of coverage at

Annual Multi-Trip

The Annual Multi-Trip Insurance allows you to travel for up to 31 days at a time, as many times as you wish, as long as you accomplish it all within one year. When you buy this type of insurance you get ten percent off if you buy off-line.

This type of insurance offers you a great deal of coverage including 5 million pounds worth of medical coverage for when you go abroad. This type of coverage is also family friendly with children under 18 years of age receiving coverage free of cost.

Annual Multi-Trip coverage is also issued very quickly. Usually the claim is settled within five business days.

There are also three levels of insurance to choose from including a Basic, Classic and Premium level and you can choose them at various geographical areas. The general areas are the UK, Europe, Worldwide (not including USA, Canada and the Caribbean) and Worldwide including USA, Canada and the Caribbean.

One caveat is that you must also sign a Health Declaration that is posed to you in the form of an online questionnaire.

When you choose multi-trip coverage you can also add other components. Winter sports coverage is a popular option that offers three weeks of coverage for snowboarding, skiing, snowmobiling and skiing as well as supplemental insurance in case of the theft of equipment or injuries.

You can also get coverage for other hazardous activities such as sea kayaking, mountain biking and scuba diving. You can see a full list of activities that are covered at

You can get excess waiver coverage to lower the cost of any claims that you make.

It is a good idea to do business with the Royal Mail because it was voted the winner of the “Best Travel Insurance Provider” from 2006 to 2012 by the online organization known as the British Travel Awards.

For more information about this type of coverage you can go to